Be a Guest Blogger
I welcome guest bloggers, but I do not accept promotional posts that sell or link to a single company for PR purposes.
If you wish to write for Rock Solid Finance, please submit a QUERY only. A query is a proposed headline and short (3 to 5 sentences) description of what you want to write. Bonus points if you include a few bullet-points with the specific advice your article would give.
WHAT I EXPECT:
- A query with an interesting headline and a few sentences describing what you want to write
- A couple examples of your writing — links to prior articles or blog sites are fine
- Perfect grammar and spelling
- American English
- Simple word choices (big vocabularies do not impress me — please make it easy to read)
I DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Anything about marketing, blogging, advertising or branding
- Full length, unsolicited articles… just send a query please
- Self promotion or PR
- Anything that is poorly written, contains grammar mistakes, misspellings or mistakes of fact
If your querie and article are accepted and published, I offer either $50 or up to 2 contextual backlinks.
Whether you want a traditional guest post or a paid spot, your post must meet my editorial guidelines for both content and style. I will not post sloppy or poorly written content. Blog posts must address the following minimum requirements:
- Be about small business issues — corporate finance, fundraising or growth strategies are best
- Teach people specific ways to “make, measure and monitor” the money in their business
- Provide actionable advice
- Be accurate, specific and well-researched
- Have 3 to 7 links to other relevant sources inside or outside of my blog for SEO purposes — not to promote your web site
- Have a brief bio about you or your work (including 1 additional link to your work), which will follow the post
- Be unique, original work with full rights to publish online (non-exclusive is fine)
- Minimum 400 words - maximum 1,100…somewhere in the middle is best
- Suggest or provide at least one royalty-free photo or graphic
AND FINALLY, BUT MOST IMPORTANT:
- Be easy to read, concise, grammatically correct and simply presented. Long paragraphs are out. Use a reading level score if you are unsure. (Reading score at 7th grade is best.)
Please submit as a Word or Text file by email (david-at-rocksolidfinance.com), or copy into the Contact Me page form. I’ll reply within 48 hours, letting you know if changes are needed. I reserve the right to reject any post for any reason. If I do not publish it, I will let you know.
Thank you for your interest in writing for me — I look forward to reading your best work!